Monday, July 23, 2012

Aurora Colorado Emergency Responder Quilts

Here's the address if you are wanting to help out the first responders in Colorado.  The goal is 3-400 quilts and I'm sure that will be easily reached by the quilting community.  The lady who is organizng this has started a facebook page that you can join here

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Aurora-Colorado-Emergency-Responder-Quilts/401592493230782



Aurora Communications
Dispatch Ctr
Attn: Julie Buck
23911 E Arapahoe Rd,
Aurora, CO 80016

Here's another quilt I did last night.  I can't say how much I just love these quick stripie quilts from maryquilts.com that not only sew up quickly (thanks to the ladies in my Binky Patrol group) but quilt up fast too.  They take about 15 minutes to quilt.  Then, off to my binding buddies for a quick binding and you have a finished quilt in about 2 hours.  Need a quick baby shower gift?  Nothing could be more easy than one of these guys.  I am betting you could even quilt these on a sit down machine, just do straight lines along the skinny strips.  I haven't tried that yet, but maybe I should, just to see if it could be done.

No comments: