Monday, July 16, 2012

Another Quilt of Valor

I had the center of this one done a long time ago and didn't have any more fabric so it sat in the 'what do I do with it?' pile for a long time.  Today I decided to add the triangle borders and then put the red with white stars.  It isn't my favorite quilt, but it is now a finished top and will hopefully be quilted and into the hands of a wounded warrior soon to say thank you for serving and protecting.  I have to keep reminding myself that finished is better than perfect and sometimes it is ok to not love every single quilt.  The red and blue center is just so busy, especially when you look at it closely.  It makes me dizzy (or maybe it is the medicine).  I increased my dose today to three pills this morning and boy am I dizzy!  Good thing I don't have anywhere to go this morning :)  I do love my summer vacation!

No comments: