Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A different kind of strip quilt

This one was made using up some 3 1/2 inch strips I had leftover from other things.  It's like the Jelly Roll Race quilts that were all the rage last summer, but goes together faster because of the wider strips.  Although I'm not a big fan of the Jelly Roll Race quilts, I do like this quilt, maybe because of the colors, or the wider strips, or just something about this one.  It didn't take very long to put together, cleaned out my 3 1/2 inch strip bin (about 6 months ago!) and is a nice size about 52x70 and will be headed to Colorado hopefully on Friday.  I have three quilts to bind now.  I've overloaded my binding buddies with my 60 quilts this summer and they are having a hard time keeping up with me.  I think I need to pull out a sewing machine, sit in the living room and put a video on and do some binding myself :)

No comments: