Saturday, July 7, 2012

One More Block

That's what this one is called from the book 501 Rotary cut Quilt Blocks by Judy Hopkins
Here on Amazon

I got the book last week and am going to try and see how many blocks I can make using my Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter.  I used the 3 inch finished triangles, 3 1/2 inch squares and 3  1/2 by 6 1/2 inch block to make this finished 18 1/2 inch block.  It took me almost an hour!  Yikes.  Can't imagine how long it would take to make a whole quilt out of this block, but I bet it would be pretty.  I'm sure I would get much faster as I went along making the block.

Last night I used Random Number Generator to pick out two numbers and those are the first two blocks I'm starting with.  There are just too many great blocks and there is no way I would have started with this block. Too many small pieces, that's for sure.  IF you know me, you know I like to finish things quickly.  I can finish a whole quilt in under 6 hours and just spend 1 hour on one block?  NEVER :)  But it did feel good to take some time for something I've been wanting to do.  I also really tried matching points in this block and working on my skill which isn't something I always pay attention to.

No comments: