Sunday, July 22, 2012

First Responders in Colorado

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurora-Colorado-Emergency-Responder-Quilts/401592493230782

Have you been watching the news about the shooting at the Batman movie?  My sister's family lived in Aurora for a while and my parents and sister live fairly close now.  Colorado is having a hard time this summer with the fires and now this.  When I saw the police chief give the press conference and start to cry as he talked about his first responders and how they were all having a difficult time dealing with the tragedy, I wanted to do something, but didn't know how I could help.  Our Binky Patrol group doesn't have a chapter in Colorado.  (Want to start one?  It's easy-just go to binkypatrol.org and there is a link)  So, I knew I would have to wait until some of the quilters in Colorado organized and put the word out they were collecting and distributing quilts.  Quilters tend to think alike when it comes to providing comfort quilts in times like these.  This Facebook group was started as a way to organize quilters from all over to get quilts for the police, fire and other first responders who are dealing with the Colorado shooting.  There is an address to ship quilts to if you would like to help out.

No comments: