Friday, July 13, 2012

You have to read this story

http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2012/07/start-of-healing.html

And when you are done, I hope you join with me in making a Quilt of Valor today.  I have one QOV that just needs binding, one that is a top needing borders and one that you saw yesterday that is all of the blocks finished and needs putting together.

I love making Quilts of Valor, but somehow they get pushed to the back burner with so many other quilt needs.  I make a LOT of kid quilts but after reading this, I'm going to make a commitment to make at least one QOV a month.

If you go to the official QOV site, there are a lot of rules and regulations, but if you send to Alycia, she takes quilts in all colors, with or without a pillowcase.  That's why I love to send to her.  She makes it easy to help out our veterans.

Have you ever made a QOV?  Will you join me in making quilts to say thank you?

No comments: