Thursday, July 5, 2012

procrastination

I have a huge 'to do' list today and instead, I'm quilting these quilts.  This makes #29 of my 60 goal and I still have 45 days left of my summer vacation.  I'm hoping to make the goal.  I never know what tomorrow will bring (or the rest of today for that matter) and with the way my head has been behaving lately, I'm happy to get much of anything done.

I have a goal of organizing my t-shirt collection.  I've seen some good ideas on Pinterest and have this great idea to take a picture of every shirt I have and then fold them and store them so I can see them easier.  Right now, about 100 of them hang in my closet, 100 of them are under my son's bed in plastic storage bags and the rest are on the floor of my closet.  I love my t-shirts.  They make me happy :)  And yes, I know they are excessive!  I'm sure I have over 300 now and don't have any plans to stop collecting any time soon.  I want at least one for every day of the year and then will cull out the non funny ones and only keep the ones that make me laugh when I read them.  After all, laughter is the best medicine.

I got one yesterday that says Irony is the Opposite of Wrinkly.  I saw that on a quilting show a long time ago and knew I had to have it.  I knew if I waited long enough I could find it at a Thrift store and sure enough, it was even in my size :)

I have to take another load of boxes to be shipped off to my sister in law.  Hopefully she gets the first batch today.  My mother in law went home from the hospital yesterday with hospice.  She had had a stroke and they are not going to do chemo for her cancer anymore.  The doctor said it could be days or weeks before she passes and I'm hoping that at least some of the things I sent, like the pictures, will make it to her before she goes.

I'm so happy I have peace about my end on this earth.  When my time comes, I'm ready to go.  I'm ready to go today, but first, let me get all of these things done on my 'to do' list.  And let me use up this fabric.  That should keep me around another 90 years or so.

No comments: