Sunday, July 15, 2012

I didn't die :)

I woke up this morning with a super bad migraine.  I would say a 9 out of 10 so after taking my medicine and not getting any relief, I decided to hit the elliptical.  The most time I've ever done on it has been 6 minutes.  This morning I plugged in a Patsy Thompson DVD on quilting feathers and made it a whole 10 minutes!  And you know what?  I didn't die :)  I thought I might after 7 minutes, but with the distraction of trying to pay attention to what she was doing, I was able to push myself those extra 3 minutes.  I'm glad I took the time yesterday to move things around in my second sewing room/exercise room so that I could see the TV.  I don't feel any better, but maybe now I can start to work off these extra 10 pounds I've gained this summer.  Between changing my medication and feeling so terrible, I've been eating more and moving less.  The Topamax I was put on 8 years ago helped me lose 30 pounds.  About 2 months ago, the doctor said it was making my blood too acidic and he has started taking me off of it.  Well, guess what?  The weight is starting to come back on.  That, plus the new medication I'm on (Indomethacin) must be taking with a full meal which means I'm eating more.  Vicious cycle.  I'm just worried I won't have any pants to wear once school starts back again.  I have plenty of t shirts :)

No comments: