Tuesday, July 17, 2012

my son would not like this quilt

It is covered in SPIDERS and that boy hates spiders.  I have no idea where he gets his fear of spiders, but he can spot them from across the room and will freak out and come running to me to kill one!  Two nights ago, he woke up around 1am and came and got my husband because he saw one in his room on the wall.  I don't think he has ever been bitten by a spider, but he surely does not like them.  Isn't it funny how we all have something we are afraid of?  I'm deathly afraid of heights, although I've never fallen off anything high.  I almost drown once (my dad would probably say otherwise--we were on vacation and swam every chance we could get and I let go of the ball and went under and swore I was drowning!) but I'm not afraid of the water.  I did jump off the really high diving board, trying to dive in the swimming pool when I was about 10 and did a belly flop, but I was more embarrassed than anything.  I tell that story every year to my freshmen science students when we talk about surface tension and how the surface of water acts like a solid when you smack it :)  I embellish the story just a little and they all laugh at me, but they remember surface tension!

But, I know some little boy (or girl like me!) is going to love this quilt.  I love the diagonal pattern the orange squares make across the quilt.  I didn't see it until I took the picture.  I love how that happens sometimes.

1 comment:

KatieQ said...

I love the secondary design with the orange squares. You should never have told us you didn't realize it. WE would have assumed you carefully planned this masterful touch. It's a great quilt, someone is going to love it to pieces.