Friday, July 27, 2012

My daughter has a time machine

My oldest daughter is in Hong Kong, teaching English.  She is due to come home on July 28.  Or, at least that is what I had on my calendar.  In fact, she is due to leave Hong Kong on July 28 and arrive here on July 27.  She left this morning, which is actually tomorrow HK time and comes home tonight, which is yesterday.

Hong Kong is 15 hours ahead of us and the flight takes 14 hours, so she will arrive one hour before she left.  If that isn't time travel I don't know what is :)  It's a really good thing she emailed me from the airport this morning because I was not going to be there to pick her up.

She lost her phone in HK and so I had it shut off.  She found it and just told me that too so I was able to turn it back on.  Hopefully she will be able to check her email and phone before she gets back to San Francisco so she will know I'm coming to get her and so she knows her phone is working again.

Boy have I missed her.  She will be here for a few days before going to Florida for a week to see her boyfriend, then off to Oberlin to pick up all of her stuff and then off to Washington University in St. Louis to start the next chapter of her life...grad school, which she says isn't college :)  I can't wait to hear all about her adventures and see more pictures.

She survived a level 10 typhoon and a whole bunch of 12 year olds :)  I'm not sure which was worse.

1 comment:

Michele T said...

Holy smokes... that is hard to wrap your head around!! I read it once, then again to my daughter, and I'm going to have to read it once more! Enjoy your time with your daughter!!