Monday, July 30, 2012

for a grieving mother

This one is for a friend of a friend whose son killed his girlfriend and then killed himself.  Whenever there is a tragedy like this, I feel for the parents.  We do the best we can with our kids and then send them out into the world and hope and pray they make it ok.  I don't know why this young man did what he did, but he has devastated his family.  All I can do is pray and make a quilt that will hopefully bring some comfort.

This is the Take 5 quilt pattern. It is based off of 4 1/2 inch squares, 4 1/2 inch by 8 1/2 in rectangles and 8 1/2 inch squares.  It went together really quickly and since I have the die cutter for my Accuquilt Studio, it cut out even faster.  I love the black squares in there for punch. I was just going to make it in all teal/blues, but then the black fabric was sitting on the pile of blues and looked good together.  I have to start thinking outside the box like this because the end results are worth it :)

Hug your kids today!

I'm off to a teacher training.  With all of the budget cuts in California, that hasn't happened in about 10 years. I hope it is a good one :)

No comments: