Saturday, July 14, 2012

Do you hold your breath?

As you know, my oldest is in Hong Kong, teaching English this summer.  She has been gone almost two weeks (tomorrow) and I find myself checking my email and her blog about 73 times a day to see if she has updated.  I didn't realize until this morning that I hold my breath every time I do.  Surely that can't be a good thing!  She has been so busy with work (don't tell her that I laugh) teaching and the joys and trials of being a teacher (I teach high school science) that she hasn't had much time to do anything but collapse at the end of the day.  I totally understand because the first week back from summer vacation, my feet hurt and my brain hurts (more than normal) and if I say more than 2 words to anyone in my family it is a miracle.  I've talked myself to death at school I just don't have any more words to say at the end of the school day.  But, I have read her blog posts at least 1,000 times and looked at her pictures and read and read and read her emails.  Crazy?  Probably, but boy do I miss her.  When I'm awake, she is asleep.  Hong Kong is 15 hours ahead of me so she is celebrating tomorrow already.  I told her she should pick my lottery numbers since she knows the future :)

No comments: