Saturday, July 28, 2012

I was thinking

Yesterday when I was at the airport for 3 hours waiting for my daughter's plane to land, there are a lot of people in this world who are trapped in situations like mine, waiting around with nothing to do.  It's too bad I didn't have my collection of sewing machines, fabric, Accuquilt Studio fabric cutter and some tables.  I bet I could have gotten quite a few volunteers to help me sew some quilts.  I had heard there was a display of antique sewing machines at the airport, but when I asked the information guy, he didn't even know what a sewing machine was.  I wandered around the international terminal and found the display of bicycles and the airplane museum, but couldn't find the sewing machines.  I'm sure they were in one of the other 3 terminals.  I didn't want to get on the tram and then not be able to get back.  When I was in Denver about 6 years ago with three of my kids, we had about a 2 hour wait for the plane to take off.  I took my little guy who was about 2 at the time and we went on the tram that goes between the terminals.  Problem was, we went too far and it took us out of the boarding zone.  We had to go back through security!  It was a good thing I had brought my tickets and license with me.  I left everything else with my older kids who were watching all of our luggage.  We waited in security for over an hour and barely made it back to the plane as they were loading up the last of the passengers.  I had two very worried kids who didn't know if they should get on the plane without us or wait and miss the plane.

I didn't want to take a chance last night of getting dumped somewhere and not being able to get back to pick up my daughter.  It's funny, but I am breathing easier today :)  I had a pretty good day headache wise and then all of a sudden, right before dinner, I got hit really hard with a really bad migraine.  I am tired of trying to understand how this thing works!  I have another appointment with the neurologist on Thursday which may have to be changed because it is the same time I have to take my daughter to the airport so she can begin the next adventure.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Bummer you missed it at SFO.... only there a little while longer, Terminal 3.

http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/sfo_museum/exhibitions/terminal3_exhibitions/north_connect_gallery