Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Memory Quilt Ministry

Over the years since I've started quilting, I've been making memory quilts for people who have lost a loved one.  Each one is different.  Some are made from clothing as a way to remember the one who has died.  Some are just a warm hug to wrap around someone who is grieving.  

These quilts are a ministry of love to bring comfort in a time of loss.  I don't accept money for my time or materials.  It's my way of showing Christ's Love to His people and blessing others with the talents He has given me.


The label on the quilt for my friend Sandy's dad whose wife passed away.
 This quilt was made for the mother of a soldier who killed his girlfriend and then shot himself.  He was suffering from PTSD.
 This quilt was made from the clothing of a little girl who was killed in a car accident.
 this quilt was for my daughter's friend's mother who lost her daughter who was rollerskating home one night.  She was crossing the street and was hit by a car.  She was 11 years old.
 My friend drown in a canoe accident.  She was a teacher at my school
 This was for the daughter of my friend from work.  She was a teacher.
 Fabric from this quilt came from dresses.
 Close up of the quilt for a mother who lost her son who was in the Marines.
 This young man served in the Marines.  When he got out, he died in his sleep.  Parts of this quilt were made form his fatigues.  There are also photos of him and fabric depicting the Marines.
 Matt Garcia was a city councilman.  He was shot and killed.  I made this quilt for his mother.
 Close up of the stitching for the quilt for the city councilman who was shot and killed
 A city councilman was shot and killed.  This is for his mother.
 close up of the fabric for the quilt for the lady who lost her son
 close up of the label on the back for the lady who lost her son in a motorcycle accident
 For a lady who lost her son.  He loved motorcycles and was a tattoo artist
 for my friend Sandy, from her mother's clothing and photos of her mother and father
 close up of my sister in law's quilt made from my mother in law's t shirts and sweat shirts
 for my sister in law, from my mother in law's t shirts and sweat shirts
 Close up of my friend Susan's quilt, made from her mother's clothing.
 The back of my friend Susan's quilt, made from large pieces of her mother's clothing.
 For my friend Susan from her mother's clothing.
 For my friend Sandy's dad.  Made from her mother's shirts and photos of her mother and father as well as some square dancing material and his favorite colors of brown and blue.
For my Sister in Law, made from my mother in law's tshirt and sweatshirts.

No comments: