Sunday, April 13, 2014

Long Arm Needles

http://www.sue-sews.com/shop/NEEDLES/p/Inspira-Titanium-134R-16-100-box-x2939939.htm

Why do I wait until I REALLY need something like needles to order them?  I'm putting the link here, so when I REALLY need them again, I can remember where I ordered from.  I got 100, so it will be a few years before I need needles again.  I was hoping that I could use the same needles from my other machine, but of course, each machine uses it's own needles.

My machine got stuck again and I think the needle hit something underneath which caused the needle to get a  little burr.  I sanded it off enough that it works, but you can hear the needle as it goes in and comes out of the fabric.  Not a good sign.

I'm not one of the sewing purists who changes the needle every quilt.  These things are titanium coated and I quilt about 50 quilts before changing a needle.  I'd go broke changing the needle every quilt, plus, I'd be online ordering needles every week. :)  Who has time for that?

Instead, I need to be sewing quilt tops for teenage boys and grading lab books.  I don't even have time for that and it's my job.

And I woke up this morning, and ran outside to see if my iris made it through the night.  Sure enough, they are there, smiling at me.  I have one by the front door that is very fragrant.  The smell that greeted me this morning was overwhelming.  Such a lovely perfume!  I wonder if they sell iris scented perfume?  I will have to do some research.

No comments: