Friday, April 18, 2014

sidetracked but loving it

I started the project of the t shirt quilt last night by cutting up all of the shirts.  Then, this morning, I wanted to quilt something.  I had this panel and decided to add 3 1/2 inch strips all the way around to make it big enough.  I love the effect it has and I love this quilt.  I have several more panels and plan to do this to those as well.  It only took about an hour to sew since I had the strips already cut from the last quilt.  While this one was quilting using the tree and house quilting design I made, I cut more strips for the next quilt.  While it isn't progress on the t shirt quilt, it is progress on something and that makes me happy.

One of our math teachers is retiring and I decided I'm making a quilt just like this for him.  I ordered a fishing panel today and as soon as it gets here I'll cut fabrics for his quilt.  He's a really tall guy so I had better make his quilt long.  One of the teaching assistants is also retiring and the lady throwing the retirement party is helping me get some pictures of her grand kids so as soon as I get those, I'll get started on her quilt.  I always like having several irons in the fire so I don't get tired of working on the same project.

No comments: