This first one is very long and will be perfect for an extra long twin size bed. I added the border. The fabrics are from the 70's I'm guessing because they are a mix of cotton and polyester. There was some stretching and many of the blocks were sewn on the bias. The borders helped a bit, but there's some puckering and some tucks sewn in the quilting. You really can 'quilt that out' sometimes, if you don't mind having a few puckers added in. Of course, the thing will shrink differently when it is washed. Some of the seams were coming apart as well and I did some mending as I quilted it. I didn't notice the holes until I loaded and started quilting. Some happened as I stretched it to quilt. I think I had better wash this one first before giving it away for a couple of reasons. First, it has sat for about 40 years in one garage or another and second to make sure I caught all of the seams that were coming apart. I have a better chance of fixing those loose seams than the recipient and I don't want them thinking I gave them an old quilt. Vintage is good, old not so much :)
I do love the pattern of this quilt and I think it has come back in popularity recently. I don't remember what it's called, but I do remember seeing it on Pinterest recently.
I have several more vintage quilt tops that were in the box, but this was by far the biggest. I'm adding borders to the rest and hoping to get them quilted up over the next couple of days. I'm almost to the end of the giant backing piece I made and then I can get on to other things besides the big quilts. That will be nice!