Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I like this one better

I stopped at the thrift store on the way home from picking up the sewing machine today and picked up several sweaters and long sleeved shirts.  I want to make a few pet beds for my daughter's birthday.  She has two cats and a small dog.  Her favorite color is green so I started with this green turtleneck.  I picked out a women's small and I'm much happier with how this one turned out.  I used leftover batting pieces and small bits of fabric to stuff it.  The best part is I completely sewed it by machine.  No hand stitching.  I almost completely sewed it all before stuffing it so there wasn't much to sew up once it was stuffed.  That's the most important thing.  If you hate hand sewing, get most of the sewing done and then stuff it.  Then, there's just a little bit to sew shut and that's hard to do once it's stuffed.

I hope my daughter's pets like their new bed.  I'll be shipping them out in the next day or so since her birthday is Monday!  Yikes, how did it sneak up so quickly?

No comments: