Sunday, April 27, 2014

another for Margaret's Hope Chest

How cute is this heart quilt?  It's also an I spy quilt because the squares have a matching block somewhere in the heart.  This was sent to me to quilt and send along.  I feel honored to do this and would be happy to quilt something for you.  MHC will be happy to put the binding on and then gift the finished quilt to a child whose parent is in prison.  They especially need boy quilts.  How simple is this pattern.  Just a bunch of squares in any size sewn together to make a heart.  Do you have a couple of hours and a bunch of left over scraps sitting around?  You could really make a difference in the life of a child.

See the fabric to the right of this quilt?  I actually started cutting up the shirts I got at the Goodwill Outlet.  I feel so accomplished today.

My son should be home in about an hour.  Woo Hoo!  He will need laundry done and will probably want to take a nap.  Let the fun begin. :)

1 comment:

Michele T said...

This is a very sweet idea and perfect as a baby quilt!! Love the I Spy aspect too! Thanks for sharing!