Monday, April 21, 2014

Another breast cyst

I got to spend half my day at the doctor, getting another breast cyst drained.  Actually the procedure only took 5 minutes, but because one of the ultrasound machines broke this morning, they were backed up.  I got in right on time, but they asked me to wait 45 minutes to have the cyst drained.  Sure, no problem, I'm on vacation and really have no where I have to be.  1 1/2 hours later, they came and got me out of the little dressing room.  Too bad there wasn't a bed in there.  The wooden plank they called a bench wasn't so good for napping.  I kept thinking they were going to come back and find me on the floor asleep so I would sleep for 5 minutes at a time.

I asked the doctor why I keep getting these things and she said it is all genetics, like freckles and I will most likely keep getting them.  Lucky me.  There is no danger in them, they are just painful.  Too bad they hurt and they don't come in pairs.  They do add to the volume.

This one was in the right breast and the fluid was brown instead of yellow like the last two times.  The doctor wasn't impressed with the different color.  This time she put air into the cyst to try and kill it so it won't fill up again.

Tomorrow's fun includes a trip to the dentist to get a couple of cavities filled.  Will the fun never end?

No comments: