Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Accuquilt Block Design Contest

There's only a few days left to enter Accuquilt's Quilt Block Design Contest.  Every year the contest comes around and I think this is the year I'm going to enter and every year the entry deadline passes and I haven't designed a block.  Well, this year I have EQ7 and no excuse not to at least give it a try.  Except for the fact that I'm still struggling with saving a design and then trying to figure out where the program hides the saved designs!  I have no idea why that program is so hard to figure out sometimes.  One day it will be nice to me and I can work it just fine and the next, it puts the quilt designs somewhere and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is doing.  I had a great quilt block all figured out and then clicked on something and it moved the colors all around and the lines went every which way and made things all go crazy.  Surely it isn't user error! :)

Good thing I have vacation starting tomorrow at 3:11pm and I'm counting the minutes until that happens.

But, if you want to get in on all the fun and have a chance at winning some incredible prizes including thousands of dollars worth of Accuquilt merchandise (which is what I really want) and your quilt block on the side of the Accuquilt headquarters and a chance of going to the unveiling of your block design on the side of the building and getting a tour of the facility and getting to meet the president of the company and getting some other great things like a long arm quilting machine (now where would I put a 3rd machine?  Ok, kids, time to move out!  Well, you should probably enter.

If you don't have a computer program to help you design a quilt block, no worries, you can use paper and pencil or even sew a block and take a picture of an actual block you have sewn as long as it is an original design.

Then, get your friends to vote for you.  There's even chances for your friends to win prizes just by voting.

So, check out the design contest at Accuquilt.com and enter before May 1.  But, don't make your block better than mine.  I'd at least like to win 3rd place.  I could use some more Accuquilt Studio dies.  I keep going on the website and dreaming of all the great quilts I want to make.  If I would just get in the sewing room and actually cut up some fabric, I could make more quilts, but sitting on the couch dreaming is so much easier.  I'd love to have a second Studio cutter for our quilt days to get more kids cutting fabric even faster.  It's fun to plan how to spend the money.  Which means I really better enter this year!  I think you should too.  Don't let me win because there's no competition.  Good luck and let the best block win.
GO! Follow us: www.twitter.com/accuquilt

No comments: