Saturday, April 19, 2014

what boy wouldn't love this quilt?

I've had this dinosaur panel inspired by a US postage stamp forever and have never know what to do with it.  Well, now I'm inspired to use up all of my panels and printed picture fabric by sewing 3 1/2 inch strips all around the edges.  I just love these quilts so much!  They are quick to make too.  Less than an hour for the quilt tops and this quick quilting design I came up with yesterday made quick work of this languishing UFO.  What little boy (or big boy for that matter) wouldn't love to receive this quilt?  I know my brother was really into dinosaurs when he was little and we had quite the plastic dinosaur collection when I was growing up.  Just looking at this quilt makes me happy.  I'm really on a roll with these strip quilts.  I'm starting to dig out all of my panels and hoping to find a lot.  I'm cutting up a whole bunch of bits and pieces and sorting by color.  That t shirt quilt isn't getting the attention it needs.

I went thrift store shopping today because they were having a 50% off sale.  12 t shirts for $20.  I added to my blood donor shirt collection.  I really need to just make that quilt for my friend who runs the blood donor drive at my school and stop collecting shirts.  I know I have enough, but every time I go to the thrift store, I find a different shirt.  I need to find them all and just say ENOUGH and make the quilt.

I had plans to go to the local train museum today and ride the trains with my youngest, but there are 30 mile an hour winds, so that isn't going to happen.  I also had plans to plant the flowers I bought yesterday, but it is hard to breathe in the strong winds.  The plants can wait until tomorrow.  We might even get a bit of rain this week.  Good thing we have the whole week off.  Sounds like a good day to stay inside and clean and sew!

No comments: