Sunday, April 27, 2014

Margaret's Hope Chest day

 Today is my last day of vacation.  I really wanted to go to the Goodwill Outlet in Sacramento.  But, then I looked on my couch and saw the pile of treasures I got the last time I went to the Goodwill outlet in December when my daughters were home and thought, I really need to use up those treasures first.  Why am I collecting things like sheets and men's dress shirts and not using them up?  The fabrics are great and wonderful and fabulous, but if I'm not using them, they are just taking up space on my couch and are just as useless as if they were sitting at the Goodwill outlet taking up space.  So, today, I'm cutting them up and at least going to make quilt kits out of them while the machine stitches away on these cute quilts for Margaret's Hope Chest.

You see, I had the excuse of my son coming home from St. Louis and I could go to the Outlet and then pick him up from the airport.  I don't need to go, because Carla is picking up all the kids who are coming back from a Robotics event, but at least I had the excuse to go.  So, instead, I will use the time to cut up fabric and stitch quilts.  And try to get rid of this stupid migraine that's been annoying me all week.  Ever since I got my teeth worked on Tuesday.  Ugh, Stupid teeth.  Stupid migraine.  But, there are only 6 weeks of school left and hopefully when summer comes, I will have used up all of the fabric from the last Goodwill Outlet trip and will then be ready for another trip and can justify going back to save more fabric from the landfill and actually use it quicker this time around.  I promise the stuff I got was really great. :)

No comments: