Friday, July 18, 2008

Treasure Hunt



Ok, so I'm looking at the garage cleaning as an adventure, a treasure hunt if you will. How else can I keep going? So far, I have thrown away one huge trash can of junk (why was I keeping some of this stuff?) and have three black garbage bags full. I called for an extra trash pick up on Monday. I have three more black bags almost full so I have to keep going to get my money's worth on the trash pick up. With the cost of gas, it is cheaper to have the city come out than for me to take a trip to the dump. It costs $12 to dump a load (up to 200 pounds or something like that) and only $16 for them to come get it from me. You can't get to the end of the block on $4 worth of gas, so hey, come and get my trash!


The weirdest thing I found that I had been keeping was the nose bulb from when Ariel was born. That was 18 years ago. It wasn't in a special 'oh, these are baby memories' bucket or anything, just mixed in with other junk. You know, when you have a baby, they give you one of those because a baby can't blow their nose. So, when the baby gets a cold, you are supposed to use it to suck the buggers out of their nose. Yeah, every kid loves those things. Of course, my kids thought that was so gross!


I went through about 50 buckets of junk in the last two days and emptied about 30 of them and consolidated the rest. I now have about 40 empty buckets. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those...maybe clean the house?


Today the city is supposed to be sealing the street. I think it makes it look worse, but what do I know. We can't park on the street and it is going to stink, so I don't think I will be working in the garage. Maybe I will get some time for quilting =) Or at least time to look through all the craft books I found. I have to sort them and whatever doesn't fit on the shelf has to go!


Here is my older son helping clean out the empty buckets. I told you they don't stay put in their buckets for long.

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I love how kids are free to just do whatever they come up with in their imaginative brains.