Monday, July 14, 2008

OUCH!



Last night I was helping hubby in the backyard and stepped on a rusty staple/nail. This board has been there, in the exact same spot for over a year and I have managed to step over it about 1,000 times, but last night it finally got me. Why did I never move it? I thought about moving it probably 100 times, but it's just one of those things. I see you rusty staples. You will never get me! Well, last night they did. If you really want to get a good look, click on the picture for a close up. How gross is that? I made the picture small for everyone who thinks puncture wounds are gross.


I was wearing shoes, so this went through the shoe and then through my toe. I didn't feel it hit bone, but I did feel it tear flesh. It also hung off my toe for a while as I stood there calling for help. My 4 year old ran for daddy who ran very quickly to help me. He jumped on a nail as a child so could feel my pain.


I have to call the doctor this morning to find out when my last tetanus shot was. The advice nurse said last night if it has been more than 5 years I need one. I thought 10 years, but she said if the nail was rusty, it's only 5. I have 72 hours to get the shot. I wonder if I waited 73 hours if I would instantly die. I wonder if anyone has tried to wait 72 hours and 1 minute. How do they know you only have 72 hours? I think doctors make these things up so that if you step on a nail on a Friday, they can wait until Monday to see you. I bet you really have 75 hours...


On a happier note...here are pictures of the two quilts my mom made. These are going to Kazakhstan. My mom is just the best quilt maker ever!


And here is the elephant blocks quilt that made me decide I had fixed the thread breaking problem. The thread didn't break once on this one =)

No comments: