Wednesday, July 23, 2008

13 years ago

What were you doing 13 years ago today? I was having a baby! That is really hard to believe, because I'm only 25 years old myself. I should be in the Guinness Book of Records for that. It's a harder lie to tell every year since my oldest is now 18. I used to be able to get away with it. I think once the kids pass my age, I will have to start getting older.

Yes, I now have TWO teenage daughters. The heavy sighs, eye rolls and folded arms prove it. Of course, I'm dumber now that they are both teenagers. I used to know everything, but now I know nothing. At least I have no place to go but up from here.

Today's big plans are for a swim party with the church Youth Group and of course cake. I love cake.

I cut out pillowcases this morning. 17 of them to be exact. The girls called me last night and they were so excited that they had finished their 4 pillowcases they took home. They each made 5 yesterday. They have a goal of 100 so they are 1/10 of the way there on their first day. I don't know if I can keep up with them! I told you they were fast learners. Maybe I can teach them to quilt too =-D

No comments: