Thursday, July 3, 2014

my favorite kind of quilts

 These are my favorite kind of quilts, big and scrappy.  Lots of colors to look at and bits and pieces from other quilts that bring back memories.  Things that weren't meant to be much of anything, but all pulling together to make something wonderful.  When we all work together, we can accomplish much.
This one's going to need a couple of appliqued hearts.  One on the edge where the needle got stuck and I had to cut it out and one in the middle where the needle got stuck and I had to cut it out.  There was a hole in the fabric and I didn't notice it until after I hear a terrible screaming sound and then the machine stops.  I guess it didn't like the hole.  I sewed the hole shut and now I have to find where it was.  I put dark blue fabric on the back of both of these so they will be appropriate for a boy or girl and they are both twin size.

I'm working on cutting 4 1/2 inch squares using the 4 1/2 inch strip die.  I've dug out a whole bunch of fat quarters and 1/2 yard pieces of novelty prints and am making quick work of them.  I love knowing that if I can cut them, they will get sewn up super quick into fabulous quilts.  I love having a team of like minded quilters who trust that I will get the finished quilts into the hands of kids needing hugs and I like having summers off!