Sunday, July 27, 2014

Final QOV

This is the last Quilt of Valor from the first round.  The lady who is in charge for the quilt guild will be picking them up today and says she will be bringing me some more later in the week.  This one I quilted with the pattern called A Hero's Heart.  It's a cute pattern too.  I have a horrible migraine today and feel very shaky and weak and just yucky.  I felt great going to church this morning.  Had to get to JoAnn's for their 70% off the notion's wall.  I figured by the time I got there it would be empty, but there were lots of goodies still left.  There were a couple of ladies just filling up their baskets.  One lady was buying everything and said she had no idea why she needed it, but for 70% off it must be a good deal.  She was ahead of me in line and spent $125 on notions.  Now I understand why people donate so many snaps and buttons and bits of elastic to me.  I must have thousands of dollars worth of notions that people just had to buy on sale they had no idea what they were going to use on.

I bought 5 seam rippers.  Every time I am looking for a seam ripper, I can't find one.  I got one for my sewing machine, one for the embroidery machine, one for my travel basket, one for the quilting machine and a one extra because I know in a day or two I will have lost one of them.  I also got an extra long measuring tape because those are always wandering off.  I just found one yesterday, but who knows how long it will stick around.  I only spent $7 on stuff I don't need :)  I felt pretty good about myself.  I went looking for something to put on the back of the patches I'm making.  You know, some type of mesh to cover the stitching and everything that was at the interfacing area I already have at home.  The line at the cutting table was so long, I decided not to stick around.  I already wasn't feeling very good and had to get milk before coming home.  I guess I will do a google search and see what I come up with.  I can always order something on line, or just leave the back of the patches alone.  They don't look that bad.  Besides, they get sewn on to a jacket or shoved in a drawer anyways.  I just wish my memory wasn't so bad.  I know I've put something on the back of the patches I've made in the past, I just can't remember what I've used.

1 comment:

Tealovinglady said...

Marilyn I can't thank you enough for the wonderful job you have done of long arm quilting all of the Quilts of Honor (Veterans) quilts for us this week!

They are all beautifully quilted and I know that the Veterans who receive them will absolutely love them. They are always so humble and appreciate of the quilts when we present them to them.

Once again you I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generous gift of quilting. We don't have any one in the Quilt Guild at the moment that is available or willing to quilt them for us so it is such a blessing to me that they are getting done and done do beautifully.

It especially means a lot to me because my Dad was a Veteran. I just lost him to cancer last year and part of why I am so dedicated to this project is that I feel like I am honoring him by doing it. He was such a wonderful person who was always giving back to the community through Community Service.

So thank you again from the bottom of my heart!