Tuesday, July 29, 2014

finishing the day well too

 More quilts for Margaret's Hope Chest.  The box is getting full, but there's still more room.  I have one more quilt from Carin and I think 4 others that were sent to me.  I will dig those out tomorrow and see how many I can get done.  I don't think I have any other plans for tomorrow.  Today included swim lessons for my little guy.
He's doing really well at his lessons.  He started the summer afraid of the water and now will float on his back and put his head under the water.  I'm really glad I got him lessons.  They are expensive, but worth it.  It was $320 for 10 private 30 minute lessons.

My boys also started piano lessons.  Jenny, our almost adopted daughter is giving them.  She was in my very first 9th grade science class 14 years ago when I started teaching high school.  She was on my husband's tennis team and was his TA.  She practically lived at our house through high school and babysat our kids all the time.  She gave our kids lessons a long time ago when my older son was about 5.  He's 17 now and she was laughing that they both can't sit on the piano bench together because his arms are too big.  It's good to have music in the house again.

No comments: