I just had no energy this morning and finally about 3pm I decided that rather than waste the day, I would at least get one patch done and load one QOV. Well, the last 3 Quilts of Valor needed backings made. If I'm going to make one backing, I might as well make all three and do the quilts one after another. I can get them done much faster that way and before I knew what happened, I had 3 patches done and two quilts finished. I have the last quilt loaded on the same backing fabric and want to look for a different quilting design before starting it up. It will probably wait until morning before I get started on it. My back is killing me now. I even cut up a bunch of fabric.
I really like this quilt. So simple with just one block and plain setting squares, but so striking. I used a star splat design for quilting, which took longer than the meander star design on the other 4 quilts, but I like the feather effect of the splat part. Something different anyways. I'm also using a very thin bobbin thread which means it will do a whole quilt without running out of bobbin thread. I love being able to do that with the bigger machine. I didn't load these sideways, which would have made it go even faster because the backing fabric I had was only wide enough to go the short way on the quilt. I should have planned better. Next time.