Sunday, January 19, 2014

Today's Binky Patrol Project

 today we are working on the versatile tumbler quilt.  I have three dies for this quilt for the Accuquilt Studio (and two for the Go! cutter).  I'm having a bunch of teenagers from my high school come out to help cut and sew the blocks together.  I have a plan, but who knows how well that will work out.  I have 5 sewing machines I'm bringing and hoping to get the kids to sew on.  I know three of them work well and am hoping to get there early enough to test out the other two.  I'm hoping to print out some instructions so they can thread the machine by themselves if it has some issues.  It's hard helping 5 people at the same time, plus supervise everything else that is going on, but it's a fun day.  I'm hoping for some other veteran sewers to come along.  I put the word out, but nobody replied they were coming.  That's how it usually is, people just show up if they can make it.  Everything works out.  Here's the different layouts I plan on passing out if people do show up.  Just some ideas I've tried out.  There are so many different ones you can try with the tumbler die.  It's the first die I'd buy with the Accuquilt cutter.  I'm suggesting to Accuquilt to make the multiple die for the 6 1/2 inch for the Go!  The single die is fine, because it cuts the shape and cuts off the corners, but it takes a long time to cut out a quilt.  Yesterday I cut out a whole twin size quilt in under 15 minutes with the multiple die on the studio.  I know you can cut more layers with the studio, but having 4 shapes on the same die really does make a difference.  I hope they take my advice and make that multiple die cutter for the Go! I know it would be a best seller.  I think they should also change the way the 3 1/2 inch multiple die is shaped for the Go!  Right now, it is shaped with each tumbler stacked on top of each other, instead of side by side, like the studio has it.  It wastes too much fabric that way.  They are usually really good about listening to their customers and take suggestions seriously because we are the ones purchasing from them.



No comments: