Thursday, January 9, 2014

finding time to quilt

 How do you find time to quilt when you are working, raising a family and keeping the rest of your life going?  I squeeze my quilting time in whenever I can.  I put the borders on these quilts in about 15 minutes, before school, or after I got home, or while dinner was cooking.  Then, the robotic machine does most of the work, I just have to push the button, check it when it gets to the end of the row and make sure it doesn't run out of thread half way down the row.  My biggest trouble is making sure a quilt is loaded at all times.  If I can plan out my next quilt while one is quilting, I can unload and reload quickly and get busy working on one after another.  I like to have a quilt on the machine all the time.  It doesn't always work out that way, but I'm happiest when there is always a quilt waiting its turn.  So many quilts, so many needs, so little time.

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

I also like to have a quilt on the frame at all times, but I'm the one moving the machine, so I don't have the luxury to do other things while a quilt is being quilted. Lucky you! If you keep to your schedule, you'll have all your quilts quilted!