Sunday, January 26, 2014

for the mom

Not sure if you can see the quilting detail on this quilt or not, but it's one of my favorite patterns.  Lots of detail and oh, so pretty up close.  This is for the mom of 4 kids, whose husband died over the Christmas break.  He was only 40 years old and had a heart attack.  I'll be passing it on to my friend to finish up and deliver it soon.

I just emailed her to let her know the quilting was done and she let me know her mom passed away yesterday.  She just found out.  So sad.  Her mom was such a nice lady and taught her many of the crafting arts like crochet and sewing.  She was 90 and passed peacefully at home.

2 comments:

KaHolly said...

There is so much sadness in the world. How special of you to add a little bright spot in someone's life. Sorry about your friend's mom.

Farm Quilter said...

Thank you for being a ray of sunshine to the mom of 4 who lost her husband over Christmas. Prayers for your friend's loss of her mom - walked the difficult road. I know you will be such a great support and fount of love for your friend.