Thursday, January 23, 2014

three and a half good days

 Things were going along so well for three and a half days.  I had acupuncture last week on Tuesday.  Wednesday and Thursday were terrible migraine days.  I wasn't sure what had happened but they were some of the worst days in a while and that's saying a lot because I've had some pretty bad days lately.  Friday wasn't much better.  Then, Saturday got better.  Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I felt great.  No migraine, no medicine.  What?  Three whole days without a headache?  I can't remember the last time that has happened.  Going into Wednesday I thought maybe the acupuncture just took a while to start working and I was really hopeful it had straightened things out.  Then, about noon, BAM, the mac truck of the migraine came back with a vengeance.  So, maybe the acupuncture just focuses the migraine into periods of severe days and good days.
 I have five more treatments scheduled, next week and then skip a week due to high school exit exam testing and then once a week for four weeks.  I know the nurse said it would take a few months to really work and from the video I watched, the guy said his took six weeks to show the full effects, so I'm still hopeful, but still frustrated.  The medicine I'm taking isn't helping either.  There is no pain relief, only suffer through until I can sleep and then wake up knowing the headache will most likely come back when I wake up.  Keeping busy helps keep my mind from focusing on the pain.  That's why I'm glad I have my quilting.  I don't know what I would do without that.  And my high school kids.  They are oblivious to my migraines and they always make me laugh.  They do say the funniest things, even when they aren't trying.

No comments: