Thursday, January 30, 2014

not on the agenda for the day

This quilt is for the group leader of Layers of Hope, Quilting 911.  I was hoping to get it in the mail today, before I had my unexpected visitor.  I hope by the end of the day to at least get it in a box and put the address on the box.  And box up two other packages.  Then, all I have to do is stop at the post office Saturday, or maybe after school tomorrow.  I do make plans, but then sometimes other things get in the way.

Here's a close up of the quilting design.  It's one of my favorites.  I love the circles.  They are made with a figure 8 motion going up one side and around and back down again.  Genius!  And the feathers, so pretty.  I have to make a quilt with this quilting design for myself one day.  When things slow down.  Ha, that's funny.
This morning when I took my son to school, this little guy ran right in front of my van.  He wouldn't move out of the road and I couldn't drive, so I opened the door to yell at him.  Bad me!  He jumped in the car.  Now, what was I going to do?  My son was going to be late for school, so I figured I'd just take him to school and come back and drop off the dog to a worried owner, who was probably chasing me down the street.  Teach them for letting their little dog out on a busy street!

My son likes dogs, but isn't overly excited to have another dog join us on his way to school.  So, I dropped him off and drove so very slowly back down the street where I picked up the little dog.  Nobody is out looking for the dog and I circled around and around several times.  No gate open or door open or person laying on the street with a leash in their hand.  Great, now I have a dog to find a home for.  When I got home, I looked up the times for the SPCA and Animal Shelter with the hope of dropping off the dog on my way to the Acupuncture appointment this morning.  Of course, they don't open until after my appointment.  The little guy got along pretty well with my two little dogs, but there was the general growling when he got too close to the butt sniffing area.  As I sat on the computer to look up phone numbers, he sat right up against me and kept putting his head on the laptop.  He is mighty adorable, for sure!  He is really clean and freshly bathed and you can tell very loved.

So, I locked him in the bathroom with food, water and a potty pad while I went to the acupuncture appointment to be sure there would still be there dogs when I got back.

I told the nurse that the migraines had become more severe since starting treatment.  The good news is I've had 3 1/2 days in a row without migraines, but the ones I've had have been way worse.  I've had nausea again, which I haven't had in a long time.  Her answer is that the acupuncture must be working.  What else is she supposed to say?  It's her job and if it doesn't work, then what?  So now I'm wondering how many more times I should go back before giving up.  I'm taking a day off work for every time I go in.  I've only missed two days for it so far.  I have four more appointments scheduled and one is during our furlough break.  I scheduled two in the afternoons so I could take a half day if necessary.  It's not like I don't have the sick days to take and I can't take the sick days with me when I retire, but taking a sick day as a teacher creates more work than just going in and actually working.  That's why I don't take days off when I have a really bad headache.  I'd rather just be there and suffer through it.

She wants me to add lemon juice to my diet every morning.  I planted a lemon tree about three years ago and it is a stick with about 7 leaves.  I don't know what I do wrong with citrus plants.  I planted a tangerine 9 years ago when we first moved in and for the past 8 years it was a stick with 7 leaves on it.  Last year it finally had 4 fruit.  The guys who came out to fix the roof ate them.  I was so mad.  I'd been waiting 8 years for the tree/stick to make fruit and they ate them all.  They were still green and I come home to 4 guys each munching on a tangerine!  It took everything I had not to start crying in front of them.  This year it has about 50 fruit on it.  Why did it take 9 years to grow?  It now has about 100 leaves on it, but is only 3 feet tall.  I didn't buy a dwarf tree, it just doesn't grow.  Maybe is 6 more years I will have lemons on my stick of a tree.  But until then, I will have to either get another tree and plant it somewhere else, or buy lemons for 38cents each. Supposedly the juice is supposed to help my headaches and clean my gall bladder.  Did you know headaches come from your gall bladder?  And that acupuncture point is in your right 2nd smallest toe?  I'm learning a lot.  I am not sure I believe most of it.  Maybe that's why it isn't working.

I'm also supposed to eat more rice.  And Applesauce.  That will help my liver.

That gives you headaches too.

I think headaches give you sarcasm.

1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I love the quilting you did on this one!!!