Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hands and Heart of Binky Patrol

 This year my focus for Binky Patrol is to reach more people.  I work in a high school and hear stories about students who need some extra comfort.  But, I can't be everywhere and hear every story.  So, I've reached out through my local quilt shop and asked the customers to let me know if they hear of anyone who needs some extra love.  I've also asked for help making more quilts.  So far, I haven't received any requests or extra help, but the year is young.
But my dear friend that I've known for about 20 years also works in a school in a different district and she emailed me asking if we could get quilts for one of her students' families.  The little girl's father had a heart attack and died over the Christmas break.  The mother has four children and isn't able to work and afford daycare for the kids.  She doesn't have family living near enough to help out.  The whole school took up a collection for food, car repairs clothes and rent for the family and we are finally able to get some quilts put together.  The quilt for mom is on the machine now, stitching away.

1 comment:

Barb Neiwert said...

I'll bet that mom will be thrilled with her new quilt! You are appreciated!