Sunday, June 21, 2009

when things overwhelm me

I have been working today. Working like crazy. I started this morning in the sewing room, trying to find the floor. It looked like JoAnn's threw up in there. I am trying to rearrange things to make more room and organize the fabric so it is easier to get to when I need a specific piece. I wanted to get the fabric out of the buckets and onto shelves where I could see it, but still keep it neat so that it didn't look like a big pile of mess. Well, it is out of buckets. I'm half way there.

So, then I got the great idea to rent a Rug Doctor to clean the carpets. I haven't done that the whole time we have lived in this house and it has been 4 1/2 years now. The carpets are gross. but, most of the house is so messy you can't see the floors. So, I am moving things and cleaning bits at a time. I have one bedroom done and one hallway and part of the living room done so far. I plan to do the upstairs tonight before bed and then finish off the rest of the house tomorrow before I have to take the cleaner back.

I had fresh summer squash from my garden tonight. The first of the season and it was really good. Maybe because I was so hungry from all of the work. The tomatoes are starting to ripen faster than I can eat them. That was the goal, so I could share with friends and neighbors. It just hasn't been warm enough to have them ripen. And the few that have started to ripen have been eaten by the voles we have from the field next to us. I have to pick them just a little green and let them ripen on the counter. They still taste way better than store bought tomatoes so it makes the work all worth while.

Off this computer and back to work or I will never get done.

Jer 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: