Monday, June 22, 2009

one year today

I cannot believe I have kept up with this blogging for one full year today! Where has the time gone? I am not one to keep up with much for a whole year, let alone writing almost every day.

What I love about blogging is being able to look back at the progress of my daily life. The trials of the past days, weeks and months are so trivial when you can look at them through the glasses of the past.

I love seeing the progress I have made on my quilting journey too. I have the very first quilt I quilted on my new quilting machine, hanging in my sewing room and it is a daily reminder of how far I have come in my quilting skills. This blog is also a reminder of what I have accomplished over the past year.

I have loved sharing my life with all of you who have stopped by to read about what I'm up to. It is nice to know there are a few other crazy people out there who love quilting as much as I do. And thanks Dad for always reading the stuff I write too :)

I appreciate everyone who leaves a comment because I read a lot of blogs and don't leave a lot of comments. I'm trying to be better because I know how much I appreciate when others just pop in and say, good job, or nice quilt, or stopped in to take a peek at what you are doing.

I put the counter up to see if people were really out there and from the numbers I can see that people stop by, but when nobody says anything, it makes me wonder...

So, thanks again for stopping by. Today I am going to finish the carpet cleaning. Oh fun. I did the whole upstairs yesterday and I can really feel it in my legs and back this morning. They don't make carpet cleaners for tall people. What's up with that? So, today I have three rooms left. I also cleaned the downstairs hall and bedroom. So, now it is just the three big rooms, living room, sewing room (which has so much stuff on the floor--not sure that will get done) and front TV room. The carpets are so soft and squishy and smell so good. This is going to have to be a summer chore from now on. It isn't that hard to do and makes such a difference in the appearance of the house. Just one of those mind over matter things.

And I'm going to be working in the sewing room, trying to get the fabric sorted today. I also plan to start my oldest daughter's quilt today. She left her quilts at college and doesn't have a quilt for her bed here. I will probably finish it just as she leaves for school again, but at least it will be here when she comes home again right?


Rom 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

3 comments:

Sue H said...

Hi, Marilyn: I am one who follows you on Google Reader but seldom leaves a comment. I enjoy your blog very much -- and don't work too hard cleaning the carpets! It's so hot here, I hope it's cooler where you are, or turn the a/c up!

Gayle said...

Hi-I'm so glad you left a comment. I love your blog...so many great ideas. :-)

porchy said...

Great job on the blog! Happy Anniversary on your blog. I love reading it every day, and I enjoy your pictures and activities. Keep up the good work and heres to another great year on the blog and I love your new sewing room! You are so fortunate to have a very supportive husband! Take care for now. Gail (sk)