Tuesday, June 23, 2009

when I get frustrated










I like to get busy with something. It gives me time to think and pray.

Today, I bought a used Xbox from a local lady who sold me the system and a whole bunch of games for $40. But, when I got the thing home, the system didn't work. I talked to her on the phone and she swears it worked at her house and that it was just because it is hooked up to a new TV. Well, now I have a $40 paperweight. I should have asked her to show me that it worked before I took it home, but I am trusting. I could be more pushy and demand that she give me my money back, but I figure I can be the jerk or I can let her be the jerk. I have enough times in my life where I am a jerk and today wasn't going to be one of them, so as I worked through all of the frustrations, I sewed.
























Maybe I need more days like this, because look at all that I got done!


These are all bound with 'free' bindings that I had already cut for other projects that were leftovers. I just stitched leftover bindings together that matched by color and away I went. I still have enough binding for 4 more quilts. I was hoping to get those done today as well, but all of the thinking made me tired and I had to take a nap. That plus staying up late last night to watch a really lame movie. Anybody see Benjamin Button? Wow, talk about a downer! There must have been 50 people die in that movie. There were some funny parts, like the guy who got stuck by lightning 7 times...I'm still wondering about the last time he got struck, but most of the movie was pretty sad and strange. And the movie was really long. No wonder I don't go to the movies anymore.



My friend brought me more quilt tops today to add to my pile to be matched to backings and be quilted. I really need to get working on those, but the pile of quilted quilts has been in the way and I need to get those out of here to make room for more.


















I have changed the layout of the sewing room yet again (hubby asks, isn't this the 20th different arrangement for that room? Is it going to work this time???) and I like the extra room I have. I now have a place for finished quilts to sit where the dogs and cat can't get to them to lay on them. I have a huge job of sorting all of the fabrics that will fit on the shelves (I added one more row on top of this setup--will post pictures later of the whole thing) and most of the fabric needs to be refolded so it fits better on the shelves. I still have buckets of fabric in the garage and shed that I would like to fit in the sewing room so I could see everything at the same time, but I just don't think I can fit it all. Maybe at the end of the summer, when the 150 quilts are done, I will be able to, but I doubt it. I'm not complaining about the amount of fabric I have. I love being able to pull almost anything I need from the large amount of fabric that has been given to me to use for these quilts.







Well, until tomorrow...

Rom 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sorry to hear about the Xbox. Have you considered selling the games to make up for the machine not working?

I love reading about your summer quilting. Your energy is amazing. Keep up the good work and fulfill God's plan for all the fabric you have been given.

Blessing to you and your family. :o)