Friday, June 19, 2009

catch up day

I have plans today to catch up. Today is day 14 of vacation and I'm on quilt 13. If I can get one quilted, I will be caught up and on track for my one a day challenge. I have 14 bound so far, so I'm good there. But, I would like to get ahead so when I take a week off in August, I can still be on track for the end of summer. I found out that we have a week less of summer than I though going into the vacation. Bummer. School starts way earlier than I thought. They keep moving the start of school earlier and earlier. What ever happened to starting after Labor day? Oh, well, then we get out earlier too, which I will be so ready for next year. Out here in California, they are going to solve the budget crisis by increasing class sizes. They are cutting hundreds of thousands of teachers and shoving more kids into already crowded classes. Of course, they still expect us to keep up the test scores, or they will take away federal money. Not sure how all of this is going to happen, but I will do my best. I'm reading books this summer on classroom management skills because I'm going to need some new tricks for dealing with more students, that's for sure!

Off to work, check back in later. It's going to be a hot one today. Summer is finally here. Yipee.

No comments: