Saturday, June 13, 2009

Just have to say




I hate migraines. They suck the life out of me.




But I did manage to get the binding on two more quilts and got bindings made for at least 3 or 4 more quilts. Maybe I will get to those tonight, maybe not. I hate just sitting around, feeling sorry for myself so I'd rather feel miserable and do something than just feel miserable.




My goal is to get these quilted quilts bound and out of the house to make room for more quilting. You see, my daughter is re-organizing the house and she took away my place for piling quilts. I used to hang them over the banister in the kitchen and now the computer sits right there, so the would just pile on top of the computer and so I have a pile of quilts on the ironing board now. They are totally in the way of getting more work done, so they have to go!




Here are today's bindings. I'm behind schedule for quilting and behind schedule for binding, but plugging away and hope that this upcoming week will be good to me and I will be able to get a lot done. I'm also working on organizing the fabric in the sewing room. I don't have room for all of my fabric to be out where I can see it. Most of my fabric is in buckets in the garage and shed in the backyard, but I have a good amount in the sewing room in buckets too. This is not a good way to store fabric because I can't see what I have and when I'm looking for something in particular, I have to pull everything out to find it. Then, I have a big mess on my hands.




I've recruited my daughter to help sort the fat quarters by color and plan to try to use those up this summer. No sense saving them for someday. It will be nice to have them organized to make it quicker to pull them for projects like the Buttonberry Stashbuster quilt I love so much.


No comments: