Friday, June 5, 2009

finally summer

Today was the last school day. I still have to grade the final exams for three of my classes, but I am done with students...and none too soon. I'm happy this year has ended and look forward to a nice long summer away from dealing with kids. Wait, I have 4 of my own, but I like those guys a whole lot more than the ones I spent my days with :)

Starting tomorrow, you will see lots of quilt pictures. I have to because I have a goal of 150 quilts finished by the end of the summer. If I don't get started right away, I will never make it. I'm not doing this all by myself. OH, no, I'd never make it.

I have a whole group of ladies at church, North Hills Christian Church, who are cutting fabric. Then, they pass that onto a smaller group of ladies who sew the fabric into quilt tops. Then, they pass the quilt tops onto me. I have another friend, Carla, who is going to help me turn those quilt tops into the 150 quilts.

I also have another friend who has a long arm machine, but it has something wrong with it. She has had it for several years and hasn't found anyone to fix it for her. She is almost to the point of throwing the thing out the window! I'm going to call her this weekend and see if she needs me to drive with her to get it fixed. You see, I need her to help me out. We can't just let her machine sit there any longer and not be used. So, this is an investment that will pay off in the long run.

I think the closest place that will fix the long arm machine is about 1 1/2 hours away. I have been bugging her for a couple of years now to get it fixed and she keeps having a different excuse why she hasn't. Well, excuse time is over :) I'm on her like bees on honey and we are going to get that thing fixed. Maybe :)

At least I will recruit her to help me sew the quilt tops together. She has helped with that part of the deal before.

So, if you have stuck with me this long on the non quilty posts, hang in for another day and you should be in for some nice progress reports. I'm going to keep a countdown list going of how many quilts we need. I know I have some done already, but have to count them. I also have a whole pile, about 20, that need binding. That will make my numbers jump really quickly. Once I get in the binding mood. That hasn't happened in a while.

Until tomorrow

No comments: