Friday, June 26, 2009

keeping up




I just can't keep up with my friend who is learing to sew. I gave her one of my sewing machines and she went home with some quilt kits and started sewing them three days ago. Yesterday, she brought me 7 quilt tops. Yeah, 7. One was done by her mom and 6 were done by her. She called last night and had finished another one and was working on one more. I love it! But I am having a hard time keeping up with her pace.




No, you are not seeing double pictures here. These are two quilts that are the same, but with different quilting. One has baptist fans all over it. I love that quilting pattern for boy quilts. It is really quick and I'm getting better at it. The second one has meandering in the duck panels and the loop-d-loops in the brown strips. Another quick quilting pattern.


Yesterday I managed to quilt three quilts, but I didn't get anything bound. I am also working on a quilt for my daughter. It has a zillion pieces so I started cutting those out. She had to pick out more fabric for it and now I have all of the fabric so I can finishe cutting it out today. She took all of her quilts to college with her and complains that the house is cold in the morning. I think I should get her quilt finished just as she is ready to go back to school. But at least when she gets home for winter break, she will be warm again :) Not really, I should be able to finish her quilt within a week, if I work on it every day. I just don't like zillion piece quilts very much. They take a lot longer to sew together, especially when you put them in a plastic baggie and let them sit by the sewing table for weeks or months at a time. I still have one that I started on January 1 that is waiting for me to get back to it. It will be really pretty when it is done, I just don't have the patience for all of those little pieces :(


It is cool again today which means more work in the yard which means less quilting time. That's ok. You should see my muscles!


Prov 3:5: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Prov 3:6: in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments: