Thursday, June 25, 2009

feeling better


After a good night's sleep, I am feeling much better. It is cooler out today, the wind is blowing hard so I think I will have a good day outdoors. I have plans to go to the local fruit stand and get some yummy summer produce that I can't grow in my garden. My tomatoes are doing well, but my zucchini haven't done anything just yet. The winter rains knocked most of the blossoms out of the fruit trees and I only got a dozen apricots this year and there are about 3 pears on the tree adn 2 apples. I should pick up some strawberries for the kids.


Also a trip to the hardware store for some supplies for fixing up the backyard. Every summer we work on getting it a little better. When we moved in, it was just an open, empty space. We put in a tennis court and I put in a pond and planted a lot of things. Lots of things died, but some managed to survive my attempts at gardening. The koi fish have grown to about 12 inches long now from their tiny 1 inch size when I got them 3 years ago.


So, I figured I had better get a quilt quilted this morning before all of the hustle and bustle of the day. But, my kids all decided to get up early today for some strange reason. Only son #1 is still sleeping. My whole day has been thrown off by their early rising! Little guy got up at 6:15am complaining of a sore foot. He went to sleep after I did last night so I have a feeling he will be taking a nap today. I might even join him :)


Gen 1:1: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

No comments: