Friday, June 26, 2009

fish and waves



I tried a new quilting pattern today from a quilt book I have had for a while. The book is called Creative Classics 250 Playful Continuous-Line Quilting Designs by Laura Lee Fritz.








I am very happy with how this one turned out. I practiced on a piece of paper before starting on the quilt. I just copied the pattern two times and then drew it uptil the paper was full. I had to keep saying, up, up, over, over, back, back, in, out each time I made a wave and fish. Once I got that mental pattern in my head I was able to stitch the fish and waves in both directions on the quilt. I guess qulting is like dancing. You have to learn the steps and get them into your head and then they become second nature. This quilt was really long so I had a lot of time to practice. I only messed up in one spot, but I don't think you could pick it out.




Today was such a low energy day. I'm not sure why, but I needed to spend some time on the couch, just doing nothing for a few hours. I'm not used to just sitting around doing nothing, but after dinner I felt a little better and was back outside working on the yard again for a couple of hours. I am not cut out for manual labor. Who needs a gym?
Rom 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments: