Friday, June 12, 2009

that's more like it

Summer is officially here. Nothing I had to get done today, but only things I wanted to get done got done. That's the life for me :)


This morning I went to JoAnn's with my daughter and a friend. Our local store has been remodeling and had a big sale this weekend to celebrate. They handed us each a $5 gift card and eco-friendly shopping bag as we walked in the store. I got 3 yards of fabric for a quilt for my daughter and didn't spend any money. How's that for fun?



My daughter is cleaning and re-arranging her room and has moved the computer into the kitchen, so now I am in the middle of the chaos as I type. I love it! She put the computer on an old sewing table, so there isn't room for the keyboard, you have to hold that on your lap which means hand cramps, which means I will be off here soon. It will take some getting used to, but it is nice to be out of her room.



And I worked on quilts. Here's the quilt from yesterday
















and the one from today.








And lots of binding going on as well.








Two done today
















And I'm in the middle of the third. Ran out of the binding on that one and need to cut one more strip to finish it off. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. Nothing on the to do list for tomorrow either.

No comments: