Friday, November 28, 2014

We are ready for you storms!

So, the forecast this week is RAIN, lots of rain, which is great for us because all they have been talking about forever is the drought.  Looks like that will be over soon.  They are talking inches of rain which could be a problem if you aren't ready for it.
 But, we are ready, thanks to my son, who is brave and climbed up on the ladder and cleared the rain gutters.  You see, when they built this house, they were lazy and did things wrong and put some things in backwards.  Not that they do things like that in other places, but they put some of the sashing in the wrong way and when the rain goes down the side of the house and hits the windows, they leak, so it's pretty important to make sure the rain gutters are clear so that doesn't happen.  The problem is, you don't realize they aren't clear, until it starts to rain and then you don't want to go out and clear them.
We have a pair of pigeons that nest in our roof and they are lovely birds except they poop a lot and fill the gutters with a ton of waste.  The old owners of the house used to shoot them with BB guns.  When we bought the house, two of the windows had to be replaced because they shot the windows.  That was an expensive way to get rid of the birds.  We just deal with the waste.  It only took two hours of cleaning to get the doo doo out and all the sticks and eggs and dead baby birds out and now we are ready for the rains to come down.

From the beautiful weather we've had the last couple of days, you wouldn't know there's a mighty storm a coming, but I believe the weather guys.  They've never been wrong before, now have they?

At least I won't have to worry about mowing the lawn or pulling weeds.  I will have a good excuse not to wash the car either.

I went to JoAnn's this morning to pick up some interfacing for a couple of Tshirt quilts I need to make and they didn't have exactly what I wanted, but I made a substitution.  After an initial disaster at the register, where the machine wanted to charge me $7.99 a yard instead of $2.99 for the whole piece, I got out of there quickly and pretty painlessly, then took the truck in for an oil change.  I'm trying to find some place online to spend some more money.  It doesn't really feel like Black Friday because I haven't hardly spent any money.  I went to Goodwill and only got 3 shirts.  They just didn't have any funny ones.  I got one for my blood donor t shirt quilt and two for my Obama t shirt quilt.  One of these days I had better start making those quilts.  They will be king size and then some before I know it.  I just have to count the shirts to make sure I have enough.  I have no idea who I am going to give the Obama quilt to, I just am amazed at how many different Obama shirts there are out there and think it's going to be an interesting quilt when it is finished.

My turkey is cooking in the oven today and boy does it smell good!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

I hope they are right about the rains this time. Enjoy your turkey. We do ours tomorrow.