Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Trying to balance

After having a great 4 days migraine free, I came home to a terrible migraine, I think caused by the stress of driving in the cold and being afraid of hitting an icy patch, then sitting on an overly hot airplane for too long before taking off.  I'm not sure why they have to heat the plane so much while sitting on the runway.  You are already cramped in those tiny seats and practically sitting on the lap of a stranger.  They could save a bit of money by turning down the heater.  Perhaps I should make a suggestion to the airline.

But, having a migraine means quilting time.  I'm not sure why, but not feeling well physically really makes me want to get up and do things.  I got lots of cleaning done too.  And I think the secret to keeping a clean house is not losing ground.  This summer, I cleaned out the silverware drawer and organized it.  I can't believe it, but it is still organized.  To many people, that's not really very exciting, but to me, that's something I've never been able to do in my 26 years of marriage.  That one small thing has just been a thorn in my side.  I've always just washed the dishes and dumped the silverware in the drawer.  Seemed a waste for time to sort them when they would just get pulled out again.  Well, this summer, I cleaned and organized the drawer and have kept it organized for 4 months.  Every day when I look at it, I feel accomplished :)  Crazy huh?

So, now that the floor is clean, the task will be to keep it that way.  Every little thing that gets done, I must work to keep done and not allow to become undone as I work through the rest of the house, one small task at a time.

This quilt is for a friend at work.  She purchased a quilt kit of tumblers that were already cut.  It was missing just a few to make it big enough and she had me cut a few extras.  She didn't realize that I had the same size tumbler die to cut her a whole bunch if she needed them.  My other friend came over yesterday and saw this on the machine and liked the border on it and asked if all of the quilts should have a border.  I told her only if she wanted to.  We aren't picky around here.

No comments: