Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving isn't just a day on the calendar

We had our meal today because my older son was at his girlfriend's family's yesterday.  The turkey cooking today smelled so good.

I'm so thankful for so many things.  Even though my girls couldn't be home this year, they will be home in three weeks and we will spend the Christmas holiday together.  So thankful for a family and the love we all have for each other.  So thankful for a warm house that is full of laughter and for everyone's health.  The minor aches and pains of growing older remind us that we have been on this earth a long time and I'm thankful for that as well.

I'm thankful for my furry friends.  I'm thankful for my job and all the papers that are waiting for me to grade and that I can procrastinate until this weekend to get them done.  I'm thankful that I have such a great hobby that I love so much and all the free time to enjoy it.  I'm thankful for the many talents and skills I can share with others through my crazy hobbies of quilting, crocheting and knitting.  I'm thankful for the many friends I've met because of quilting and this blog.

I pray a special blessing on you as you take time to be thankful for the many blessings you've received this year.

No comments: