Monday, November 17, 2014

2 of 45

 Let the countdown begin.  One quilt a day until the end of the year.  Will I be able to keep up the pace?  I'm not sure, but if I don't try, I won't know.  This cutie was made by my friend Nancy, who has fallen in love with the tumbler die.  She doesn't care if it is this little 3 1/2 inch, 6 1/2 inch or 9 1/2 inch size, she loves them all.  She's very creative in sorting the colors and patterns.  I'm sure you will see many of these over the next few weeks as they are not only cute, but easy to match backing fabrics to.  That's a priority for me these days.  I need something I can quickly grab a backing fabric.  Once my daughter comes home for Christmas, I will recruit her to help me match up all of the quilt tops and backing fabrics and then I will be in business for a while, but when it is just me, I have a hard time making them match.  I was not blessed with the ability to put colors together well.  I do wish she lived closer to me.



No comments: